Thursday, July 21, 2011

This Post is Mermaidish




So you've just found out that one of your FAVORITE people in the world is a mermaid. What are you going to do next?

I don't know what you are going to do, but I plan on just writing about things mermaid-related that happen to me. And answer questions. You've got some questions, right? (I'm a MERMAID for heaven's sake, how out of the norm! Are you not curious?) Leave questions in the comments and I will answer each of them.

On to today's tail. (Hee hee, sorry friends, I had to do that at least once.)

I'm sure that many of you are confused. I have a pool. I've been swimming with many of you... and none of you have seen my mermaid form.

My trick is simple. Insanely water-proof tape. Keeps sections of my skin dry when I am underwater. (Yes, that is totally cheating. I can't think that many other mermaids do this. But it works, so that's good for me.) The tape doesn't last forever so there is a limited time that I can use it. But if it starts to wear out, all I have to do is stick my hand above the water.

What a handy thing tape is.

I want to tell you more of what it is like to be a mermaid. How it feels to be able to stay under the water so long that I get confused by the sky and the land when I resurface. What it is like to swim with the great strength offered to me by my tail.

One of my favorite things to do is jump out of the water. There are several things that I have to consider before I try this move. First of all, it has to be far far far away from any humans. (How strange would it look to see a girl suddenly shoot up out of the water, hang in the air for a moment before falling back, and disappearing after hitting the water?)

The other thing to consider is the depth of the body of water that I am in. The water has to be rather deep for me to be able to get very high up out into the air. I swim a lot in Utah Lake so there are only a few places that are deep enough for me. 12-15 feet up out of the water is the thrill zone. Anything above that gets scary and dangerous and anything below that is a little bit boring. (You have to consider, when I say 12-15 feet, I mean that all of me is up out of the water. Counting my tail.)

The whole this is rather exhilarating.

:)

Also, this song is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment